Living by Faith

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Relentlessly Radiant Living

           Welcome to Relentlessly Radiant Living! Thank you so much for liking our page and following us.  My name is Morgan (or Mo, as Julia likes to call me) and I wanted to finally introduce myself and share a little about myself with you (though many of you know me!) and a bit about why Julia and I decided to start this blog.  

Currently, we live here in Minnesota. I have to say, it has grown on me. I was born in the South, raised in the East, and then moved here to the-land-of-the-never-ending-winters-and-short-summers, a state that I found that no one seems to leave apparently. Most everyone’s family lives here and the only “moving” they do is from one suburb to another. When I found this out, I knew that if I found a Minnesota boy, I was doomed to never leave this state again.  We will see.

Meanwhile, I live here with my family - my four siblings and my parents - and have grown to love it and its quirky people.  I am the oldest of the five kids and have loved being so.  I graduated high school two years ago, and it came as a shock to everyone (including myself) that I did not move back South... where I would never again have to to start my car a half hour before driving it due to -20 degree temperatures (#minnesotaprobs)... However, until I freeze, I am studying to be a personal trainer and working in women’s ministry, and I am very excited to see how God uses us and this site. 

I know many of you may not be Christians, and my hope is that you’ll plug in with us anyway!  When Julia and I first began discussing our vision for this blog, we had originally thought the focus would be primarily health, fitness, and highlighting unique socializing and dining venues here in the Twin Cities (like, not Applebee’s or the bowling alley). Those are fun things, don’t get me wrong! As two 20-year-old women who live at home and don’t have the regular “college opportunities” to socialize with people our age and see new places, we really wanted to show that even at home, there are plenty of inexpensive ways to get out, have fun, meet people, and broaden horizons. One thing Jewels and I have found that we love is swing dancing at this cute dance studio in St. Paul called Social Dance Studio.  It has given us the opportunity to learn something new for only $4 dollars (with student ID), and meet other 20, 30-somes, like us... (that aren’t creepers).

As fun as finding neat places to go is, and writing about health, we both realized we can’t write about our passions and interests and leave out our number one passion and life interest which is our faith in Jesus Christ and serving you lovely ladies out there. 

So why do we call our blog Relentlessly Radiant Living?  We really wanted a name that would sum-up the whole of Julia and me and what we stand for and live out in our own lives.  We are RELENTLESS, which means unyielding or not relenting against the enemy.  All of us have a past, and though we may not realize it, we are fighting a great enemy who wishes to keep us captive to our sin and our past, whatever it is.  There is someone who is greater though, and He came and has set us free from the bonds we find ourselves in. I know Julia and I have overcome great battles against the enemy because we have a new power and strength in Christ that is healing our past and building our future. We are RELENTLESS. We are warriors and we will no longer yield to the enemy and his lies. 

This leads us to our second word choice in our name, RADIANT. We (you) are RADIANT. Radiant means a ray of lightbrightnessjoy, and hope, which the enemy whispers to us women that we are not, and never can be, because of the “past” we carry, or the person we believe we are. Well, Julia and I are here to radiate (emit light and hope) on that lie and say that you ARE radiant.

Our last word LIVING pretty much explains itself. We wish that all of you young ladies and women would see the potential in yourselves and choose to want to live Relentlessly Radiant Lives because in each and every one of you is a relentless warrior that has seen the battles of life, yet radiates light in the darkness, and chooses to want to live that daily.

Our blog will discuss how to live radiantly and relentlessly and bring up some thought-provoking questions and topics that might challenge you.
PLEASE let us know what you think!  

Truly Always,  
Morgan Tracy
Julia Feland

No comments:

Post a Comment